Sunday’s Daily Briefing: FAU brings in VIPs for look at stadium construction
It’s not just FAUOwlAccess that is getting up-close-and-personal looks at the construction of the new FAU football stadium these days. FAU recently had some community and business leaders on campus to check out the progress of the stadium.
In addition to FAU President Mary Jane Saunders, football coach Howard Schnellenberger (Photo of Charles Siemon, Barbara Schmidt, Schnellenberger, Dick Schmidt and Wendy Larse) and athletics director Craig Angelos, more than 100 guests attended a party for the stadium held at Marleen and Harold Forkas Alumni Center. There was music, cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and, of course, a tour of the stadium.
It's great to see so many decision-makers support this project. The more community and business leaders get invlolved with Boca Raton's hometown team, the quicker the program will take the next step
Among those in attendance were:
- Boca Raton Mayor Susan Whelchel
- City Furniture President Keith Koenig
- Rick Case Automotive Group owners Rick and Rita Case
- Steve Schmidt, president of the North American Business Solutions Division for Office Depot
- Laura and Skip Stoltz, owners of Brewzzi Restaurants and Stoltz Companies
- FAU benefactors Richard and Barbara Schmidt
- Marleen Forkas
- Eleanor Baldwin
- FAU Board of Trustees member Tom Workman
- FAU National Alumni Association Board of Directors Chair Romayne Berry
FAU signee Omari Grier, gets mentioned in the article from the Philadelphia Daily News on postgtraduate prep schools