Saturday’s result: American 82, FAU 72
Rally attempt falls short
FAU falls to American 82-72 on Saturday at FAU Arena.
Originally published on
FAUOwlAccess Staff Report
BOCA RATON – Florida Atlantic nearly erased a 22-point deficit vs. American, but couldn’t complete the comeback as the Owls fell to the Eagles 82-72 on Saturday at FAU Arena.
FAU went on a 36-15 run to cut American’s lead to one-point, but couldn’t take the lead.
The Owls (3-2) trailed 73-71 with 1:46 remaining, but didn’t make a field goal the rest of the game.
FAU was led by Greg Gantt, who scored 18 points.
GameBrowser: American 82, FAU 72
The Eagles scored seven of the last eight points before halftime to take a comfortable 47-30 lead at the break.
- FAU showed character by not throwing in the towel down by 22
- American is one the better teams the Owls will face this season.
- Nice to see some balanced scoring by the Owls
- 4 – Owls in double figures. Greg Gantt (18), Alex Tucker (14), Kore White (13) and Brett Royster (10) all had at least 10 points.
- 5 – Number of free throws American made out of six attempts in the final 1:46.
- 21.4 – Field goal percentage by FAU in the first half (6-of-28)
FAU plays at Florida on Tuesday